Welfare officers are here to help you with your welfare needs and open to new ideas that you have to improve the welfare for your college and fellow college-mates.

Examples of Welfare Events held in 2019-2020:
- Welfare Tea Party
- Onesie Party
- Panel Discussion on Eating Disorder
- Weekly yoga sessions (now online!)
- Liaising with the college for welfare concerns brought up by individual students

For specific topics, support and campaigns please see the Welfare menu.

College Support



As part of pastoral support, you are assigned a Tutor who throughout the year is there to support you with any issues you have, for example worries about finance, mental health concerns, personal issues or questions related to University procedures.



Undergrads are assigned a Director of Studies who provides you with academic support throughout your studies. Any academic-related concerns can be discussed with them.

College Nurse

The college nurse is: XYZ? TBC


The porters are first aid trained and available 24/7 to help you with any queries or worries, including directing you to whoever you need.

Email: theporterslodge@lucy.cam.ac.uk


The college's fellow is The Reverend Canon Adrian Daffern. View his talk HERE.

University Support


The Students’ Unions’ Advice Service

If you have a question or concern about your time in Cambridge, whether educational or personal, the Students’ Unions’ Advice Service can offer you a listening ear and help you explore your options. The SUAS offer free, confidential and independent support for students. They are open to all students, including intermitting students, nonreturning students, spouses, families and dependents of any current students.

Contact: advice@studentadvice.cam.ac.uk

Webpage: www.studentadvice.cam.ac.uk

SUAS is open during the holidays so if you have any questions or would like support with any issues you can contact them by phone (01223 746999) or email (advice@studentadvice.cam.ac.uk).

Cambridge's SU Welfare officer

For useful welfare advice, information and services you can also reach out to the Cambridge's Students’ Union welfare officer, Alice Gilderdale at alice.gilderdale@cambridgesu.co.uk at:

The University Counselling Service

Offering individual or group sessions by trained counsellors, see: www.counselling.cam.ac.uk/selfhelp/leaflets/freshers for more information. The service is open to all undergraduate students in residence and graduate students on the register (including students of the Theological Colleges).

For appointments:  https://forms.counselling.cam.ac.uk/form

2/3 Bene’t Place,

Lensfield Road

Monday­-Friday (term time only)

Tel: 01223 332865

Email: reception@counselling.cam.ac.uk

Website: www.counselling.cam.ac.uk

Samaritans Drop-In sessions:

The Samaritans is a charity that offers non-judgmental support. You can read more on http://www.samaritans.org.